Graphs for the hapeless fiber artist

Bowie

image

Hello Stitchers!

I know you haven’t heard from me since November, things at the house have been kinda crazy since my roommate has been in and out of various hospitals due to her autoimmune encephalitis. Just yesterday she got in a wreck while on the way to the ER, luckily she only had a little extra stress from the adrenaline, she and the driver were both fine. People come from all over the world to wreck their vehicles in Columbus, it’s crazy during inclement weather. We just had our first real snow fall this past week and people are just wrecking left and right. The snow sure is pretty though.

I lost my phone at a 7-11 on the way back from Christmas with my family. I do all my charts on my phone, so I borrowed my roommate’s iPad to whip These up. I should be getting an old phone from a friend this week and can not wait.

In 1999 I bought my first stereo. It cost me $20 and was a Frankenstine machine built from the rag tag parts from future owner’s deceased parent’s stereos. The best part was that it had an 8 track and those things were in every thrift store & cheap. The two I listened to the most, while pulling all weekers, were both David Bowie, Space Oddity and Young Americans (I got the images from eBay).
8Tracks
I was sad when the old worn out tapes broke, and I did replace them once or twice before I could afford a fancy new stereo with a CD player *ooooooh*.

When I heard Bowie had passed I jumped to my first line of mourning, I had to chart him. So today I have a few knit charts and a cross stitch patter based on the Aladdin Sane cover art.

I decided tried something new for the knit charts this time around, I used only Red Heart Classic Colors. I know it can be hard to finding the right colors to go with color work charts. I went with Red Heart because everyone can afford it, is easy to find, and it is acrylic for us poor souls with wool allergies.

Feel free to send me any of your finished projects, contact me about any questions or comments, and stay warm out there.

Enjoy!

-Molina

*Just click on the link below an image to download the chart from Dropbox
Bowie KnitBowie Aladdin Sane Knit

Bowie Knit SimpleBowie Aladdin Sane Simplified Knit

Bowie Knit OpenBowie Aladdin Sane Open Eyes Knit

Bowie CrossBowie Aladdin Sane Cross Stitch

10 Comments

AnneMarie Wood-ORourke says:

Hello. I’d love to attempt to create this project. Is there a color chart that comes with this so one can get the right colors for it.

F.P. Molina says:

Yes, just click on the name of the chart and it takes you to where you can download the chart. I always use DMC for cross stitch colors. Let me know how it turns out!

Allison says:

Hello! I am in love with this Bowie pattern! It was such a sad day when Bowie died. I am also a huge fan. I have a question about the pattern. I have just started crocheting this year, and I would really like to crochet this into a throw. If I single crochet this across, I don’t think the width would be wide enough for a throw. What would you suggest?

F.P. Molina says:

Thank you so much! For a throw I would probably use 4-5 long stitches, like a Tripple crochet, of each “stitch”. The knit/crochet patterns are in 5×6 stitch size, so a little longer than a square. Of course make a dreaded test square to see what stitches work out properly for your tension/hook/yarn size. Let me know how it turns out, and enjoy!

Jennifer Kwilos says:

Hello-
I just finished the cross stitch pattern. I had to do it as soon as I saw it on Pinterest! I substituted some colors for ones I already had in my floss stash. Thanks for posting!

F.P. Molina says:

Aww, thank you, I’m glad you enjoy it! I’d love to see it :)

Alex says:

Cool pattern – thanks for putting it up. I just finished it last night. My first time cross stitching!

F.P. Molina says:

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it :)

Ria Wentink says:

I am intending to make above David Bowie pattern.
With DMC.
Could you give me the right colours please,so that
it can work out beautifully.
When I am finished, I would like to send you a photo.
Best regards from Holland, Ria

F.P. Molina says:

Hello Ria, thank you for stopping by and liking me pattern. All of my charts are in DMC colors, just click on the name and it will take you to Dropbox to download. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to seeing it finished :)

Pings and Trackbacks (2 )